Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Which Way Will Game 7 Flow?

Boston Bruins? Vancouver Canucks? This series is going 7? Apparently for both teams, this could be the beginning of a brand-new rivalry in sports. It might not be as awesome and as flashy as the Celtics-Lakers series, but we're about to see it come down to the wire in the all-important Game 7.


The Bruins took Game 6 in a decisive 5-2 victory. The Canucks pulled Roberto Luongo in this game and will be in net for the (once again) all important Game 7. But this game will be nothing more than a series that has seen its share of lopsided victories from the nail-biting 1-0 wins for Vancouver to the blowouts of 8-1 and 4-0 for Boston.

Advantages can be made either way, but Game 7 is in Vancouver and there is a renewed mission for both teams. The Canucks want to win their first-ever Stanley Cup. The Bruins want to win their first Cup in thirty-nine years and prove to the NHL that they are back.

What do I expect in Game 7 that I probably won't see in Game 6? I expect to see a lot more Vancouver offense because I certainly did not see any in Game 6 and it left it up to the defense to take care of the Bruins, who really put the pressure on net as they swiftly defeated Roberto Luongo by all sides of the net.

For Boston, if they want to win this on the road, they have to keep prying at Luongo and keep that Canucks defense second-guessing about what they plan on doing in the offensive zone. Their defense is already tremendous but they'll need to step it up more since that Canucks crowd will get a pretty loud Game 7 noise level.

I don't expect a lot from both teams in Game 7. Maybe a 3-1 Vancouver win or so, but I think the Canucks are on a mission now. They want that first Cup and I believe that they have that home-ice advantage to really show to the others what they think they could do to drive down the intensity of that Boston Bruins defense and offense. So the Canucks will get that first Cup. Sorry, Boston, but Vancouver has ways to win close at home.



Game 7 is tomorrow night. I will not be watching the game since I'm working at a summer job. Apparently, my blog's links didn't collect enough money for my parents to say that I could hop around the country all summer and watch soccer and such. I wish my summer vacation could be saved, but you got to earn money some way. Hope you guys enjoy the game and we'll be looking to see who comes out of Game 7 with that precious Stanley Cup!

For videos, see the links below
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-13Skb_Mok&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EowHtgRhmtc&feature=channel_video_title

No comments:

Post a Comment