Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Return of Reid's Toss-Up

Hey, guess what, puckheads? Due to the increased traffic and productivity I've been putting on my blog, I've decided to bring back the Wednesday Toss-Up. Whoops, sorry. It's not Wednesday Toss-Up anymore. It's called Reid's Toss-Up. I've decided to do my toss-ups on a daily basis from now on. I'll be starting today with five toss-up questions to throw right at you. If you want some of your toss-up questions answered please e-mail me at hoodenterprise@yahoo.com, or write on my page on Facebook (Reid's Hockey Insight). Well, with no further questions, let's get started

Who is more likely to suffer from the Horton hit? Aaron Rome or Alain Vigneault?
Okay, this was a pretty bad hit and I hope Nathan Horton recovers quickly, but he's going to be out for the rest of the playoffs. I think Aaron Rome will face more discipline because this was almost a blindside hit. I don't know if any of the pressure goes on Vigneault because players do this all the time and it's not under the direction of the coach. So I would say Aaron Rome's in hot water right now. He's got four games, basically the rest of the playoffs, but I'm guessing he'll get four for next season as well.



Who deserved to taunt? Milan Lucic or Mark Recchi?
I don't think Mark Recchi is that much of a taunter, is he? All I know is that both of these guys got an earful from Claude Julien after the game because of their taunting. Mark Recchi is too old to taunt. Milan Lucic is younger, he's fiery, he's hungry, and he'll do anything even to the point of taunting to get what he hunts. Who deserves to taunt? Lucic.

Craig Hartsburg landed as an associate coach with the Flames? Good idea or ugly idea?
I don't read into what the Flames do in terms of their coaching. Ever since Mike Keenan left the team, it seems like this team is heading into the dumps. The coach behind the bench is seemingly not caring about how this team operates, so you bring in Craig Hartsburg to help. He came from Ottawa. Ottawa didn't make the playoffs! I don't know if this is a good or ugly idea, but it sounds curious to see if this team actually wins with Hartsburg as an associate coach.

Who should be behind the net for Phoenix next season? Ilya Brzgalov or Jason LaBarbera?
I ask this question because LaBarbera just signed a new two-year deal with the team and Brygalov is a free agent come July, and it sounds like Bryzzy is going to jump to Philadelphia. I think LaBarbera is going to be behind the net for Phoenix next season because I don't know where else they can get a good goaltender. No goaltender in the league would probably want to end up in Phoenix, so my guess is Jason LaBarbera will man that net for the Coyotes.



How will the Canes fare with Rod Brind'Amour as a part of the staff? Not too great or better than expected?
The Carolina Hurricanes are the most up-and-down team in the league today because they seemed to make the playoffs one year and then completely fall flat the year afterwards. I don't think they're going to be better than expected right now, because they have some problems all over the place, particularly on offense because there's no such offense on that team. I don't think they'll do too great but Rod knows what to do, Right now, not too great.

So, there's your five questions to get you back into the toss-up of things. Keep checking back for more questions that I throw up into the air. Some concern players, others concern teams, some are just basic questions about hockey in general, and some might be questions that come out of the blue. So keep checking back, puckheads. You never know what I'll toss up at you. (Haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment