Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Patrick Sharp Is A Star

I'm sure you've all heard the news about Patrick Sharp. But in case, you haven't, I'll bring you up-to-speed.



After spending nearly a decade within the Chicago Blackhawks ranks, the Hawks have recently traded Patrick Sharp to the Dallas Stars. The Stars made it official Monday when Sharp was set forward in front of the Dallas media. Here's what Sharp had to say about the trade to the Stars:

"I knew it was coming. When I was traded from Philadelphia to Chicago (back in 2005), I knew that was coming also, and it still comes as a shock. When it actually happens, there are a lot of different things going on. You are trying to take care of your family, your friends, and your personal situation. I can't say anything bad about the Blackhawks. I really enjoyed my time with the Hawks. I've grown into the person I am today because of that organization."

Sharp goes on to say that he is thrilled about joining the Stars and more thrilled about playing the game because he was traded to them.

I've got no ill will towards Patrick Sharp. I think he's a very young and very grateful player and I think he will flourish with the Stars. The Stars have talent going up, with Jamie Benn as the captain and Tyler Seguin into that up-and-coming role. The Stars made a step forward last year by going to the playoffs. They missed this year, but there were a lot of good teams in the West that kept them from getting in, but I believe Sharp is what the Stars need to actually get them over the hump again and back to the playoffs.

The Blackhawks were dumping salary, no doubt about that. They traded away Brandon Saad to the Blue Jackets and now Patrick Sharp is sent to the Stars. The Blackhawks franchise revolves around Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane and Saad and Sharp seem to have been the combined third-wheel. I felt this was the necessary move by the Blackhawks to show that Sharp needs to be in a place where he can flourish and he can be a star. In Chicago, he couldn't be that star because Kane and Toews take that role and always wants to have those roles.

I say good luck to Patrick Sharp. I think the Stars need him and I think he needs a place to flourish a lot. In Chicago, it would've been tough with Kane and Toews leading the team but with the Stars, I think he has the chance to prove himself to take that next step and to take this team to the playoffs and eventually the Stanley Cup. Look for the Stars to get a heck of a lot better thanks to Patrick Sharp.

No comments:

Post a Comment