Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Time to Get the Blog Back On-Track: Interesting Things Up Ahead

I would first like to say that I'm sorry I haven't been able to update since I did a Wednesday Toss-Up back on Thursday, December 2nd. But guess what? I had finals just these past two days and I'm feeling that rusty. I hope you get me.
So Reid's Hockey Insight will get back on track right away, but not all the blog posts will be about hockey for the next few weeks, as I'm busy sorting out my stuff and heading to Northern California, Southern California, and Arizona for those next few weeks. But here's one thing I promise to you: All opinions based on hockey facts, predictions for games, and analysis from games that depend on it coming from me.
So let me start off the return of Reid's Hockey Insight by giving my insight between what happened from December 2nd all the way on. We've seen the up-and-go roller coaster of the NHL take its toll. Teams are busy swaying around, but one team stands out is the Pittsburgh Penguins. They had a 12-game winning streak until it was snapped tonight in a 3-2 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers in Philadelphia. The Anaheim Ducks are slowly crawling back into the playoff race after getting shut out back-to-back games at home. The road gets tricky from them, however, as a long road trip awaits them with several games on the East Coast and in LA and Phoenix. The Los Angeles Kings are looking pretty tough and keeping up with the others in the Western Conference. The Washington Capitals have severely blown several tires as they have lost seven in a row, their recent one in a 7-0 drubbing from the New York Rangers at the Garden.
Things are looking quite interesting in the hockey realms, but over the next few days, we'll see if anything changes. And I tell you, there is something that's bound to change. Moving on, TRON: Legacy comes out this Friday, December 17 at 12:01 AM at all theaters everywhere. I'm already getting my ticket to see the movie at the AMC theater in Downtown Disney. I've been waiting for a long time for this movie to come out and boy am I psyched up. I got my wardrobe, my video games, my soundtrack, and my other accessories all set. It's like I'm tronned up for the movie (hey, I just invented a word). This movie is bound to be the greatest Disney achievement of all time. Okay, not of all time, but one of their many great achievements.
Christmas is around the corner, puckheads. I hope you know what's on your shopping list. Hey, how about that XBOX 360 you've always wanted or a brand new flat screen TV from Sony? Hey, there's always a new Dell laptop in store. I haven't had time to really get my Christmas going, but many gifts are coming this way for me. My video game collection will be stocking up by December 26th and plenty of new games will be in store for me to play. No new clothes this year, as TRON: Legacy has basically been taking all that up. So guess what? It's your Christmas and I would like to say to that: Happy Holidays and enjoy yourselves this holiday season! People on the West Coast, stay on the West Coast. It'll be warmer than over East this year. Ha ha!
That's it for the beginning of the return of the Reid's Hockey Insight blog. We got many pieces of news that needs to be analyzed up ahead. So keep checking back. Tomorrow is our weekly Wednesday Toss-Up so be sure to check tomorrow and see what debates are up for discussion and what my choice is. Later, puckheads!

No comments:

Post a Comment