Saturday, September 11, 2010

Three Things I'm Pissed Off About: My College, the Angels' closer problems, and Nikolai Khabibulin

There are many things in the world that piss us off. Of course, most of them are relationships, stress, evil teachers, etc. Are they all the source of one problem or many problems altogether? That's not the question I'm pondering about. I've decided to include some things that I'm very angry about these last few days and they all span some topic that I'm trying to cover in most of my daily life.
The first thing I'm pissed off about is my college. Now recently I have been accepted to Whittier College and went there, like I was supposed that. Unfortunately, everything I had expected didn't turn out quite the way I wanted it. You see, I'm part of the largest class size Whittier ever has, as a result of more and more people graduating. So it's hard to make friends in this kind of environment especially with a big number of people.
When you first go off to college, do you expect a fresh start in a new environment? Or is the drama that was high school starting to linger over you? Actually, to be honest, I am feeling like Whittier College has become a high school. Honestly. I can see some groups starting to click and form cliques. The relationships are blossoming within different people. Whether or not they meant it or not, that is what I picture. The teachers are a far more serious problems. On the first few days of school, it's like a living crap nightmare. They start handing out hard homework assignments like it's supposed to be a mass murder.
Now let me say something here: This is stupid and I am almost to the edge of the cliff and about to fall in. I have walked into a mess and have no idea how to get out of it. Will it pan out okay? Honestly, I doubt it and I always regret everything I do. I think it's stupid and insaneful that people are starting to form their own groups and avoid the unrealistic topic of what's at hand. I'm not used to college life and I don't think I want to be. In fact, I don't think I was ready for college at all. I think I'm just scared of new people and people in general. Maybe I'm just plain stupid, that's all. But here's the thing: When you enter a nightmare and a nightmare like this college, the memories last like glue and paste.
Okay, those are all what I think. Unless somebody comments or tells me otherwise, that is my perception. I'm not after anybody or anyone else. I'm just totally insecure in how I want to deal with my life. I want to make a name for myself in some way, but I want to be off campus a lot, which I am. I'm gone, I'm not involved in school-related activities, and honestly, I'd rather not get involved, unless, of course, you tell me a good reason that I should. I want to live a good life, and right now, some of you might not be giving that to me. I hope I'm wrong and I hope there is some way to correct this but for right now, I don't know where I'm going.
Okay, that's enough about my college hectics. The next thing I'm pissed off about is the Los Angeles Angels' closer problems. Unfortunately, the Angels decided to give Fernando Rodney a chance at the closer role by trading away Brian Fuentes to the Minnesota Twins in exchange for some players. I have only a few things to say about this.
Is this another dumb move the Angels are planning? Or is there a darker force behind this? I've seen Fernando Rodney pitch and he gives up more runs than any other Angels pitchers combined. So I don't know why they would trust Rodney with the closer role. They've seen him pitch as well. They know the same results as the ones I've seen. So why are they trying to do this to themselves? You're already out of the playoffs and all you're doing is sacking your players for the future. I'd rather jump off bridge than see Fernando Rodney pitch. It will always be the same, unless I watch otherwise. Rodney needs to pitch better if he is planning on having a future with the Angels. Then again, he did poorly with the Tigers and it's possible he won't return to the Angels.
Here's the last point I'll make. It's an NHL point so at least I went back to the topic for a past of this post. It's about Nikolai Khabibulin. Okay, some of us have heard the story. Others haven't. I actually happened to only hear about a part of this story so I had to do a little research on ESPN to find out the actual story. What I read was from September 1. According to that report, he was sentenced to 30 days in jail, which stemmed from a drunken-driving conviction in Arizona. Now he's trying to appeal it. And I have one thing to say for Nikolai: You shouldn't have been drinking and driving in the first place. Hey, Arizona already has the new immigration law. If by chance, they can arrest you on both accounts. Oh wait, sorry. You're legally allowed to be in this country. Well actually you play for Edmonton so you suck all the time now.
I don't want Khabibulin in goal for the Oilers this season. Let another player play his position in goal. I want Devan Dubnyk instead of this dope. Hey, he may not play all as well but he's a pretty good fire in net for those Oilers who need help to get back into the Western Conference this season. After all, the Oilers became a team of discontent or, in other words, sucky. So good luck Khabibulin, at least if you do get sentenced to 30 days, at least you don't have to be on a sucky team.
Well, that's the end of my day. Yeah, it's pretty long, isn't it? Well, there's a lot of say and there's plenty of time to say it. Unless you're writing at 1:29 in the morning in which case there's not a whole lot you could say. But I said a lot, didn't I? Those are my three things I'm most pissed off about right now. Comment on any way you choose. I'm just saying opinions. If you find something really harsh, I apologize but I didn't mean to target anybody or anything. Just remember that. Rememer to keep reading those hockey insights. The season's fast approaching so there'll be more and more coming. Later, bros and puckheads.

1 comment:

  1. It takes time to form relationships. Initial friendships are easy and those would be the cliques you're seeing, but that's simply people gravitating towards each other. I've made friends with all kinds of different people. That is the college experience. You can't give up on it so fast. Never say die.

    ReplyDelete