Sunday, May 30, 2010

Stanley Cup Game 1 Analysis & Game 2 Preview


I sat in front of my television yesterday, hoping for a big performance from my pick, the Chicago Blackhawks. Apparently, the big performance turned into a meager win for them. I picked up on every play, every goal, every penalty. It seemed like a circus-type of game. The lead kept going back and forth between them and the Flyers. In my perspective, I thought it was a circus and rather sloppy play by both the Blackhawks and the Flyers. Thank god Tomas Kopecky scored the winning goal for the Blackhawks to allow them to take a 1-0 series lead, but in all honesty, it should be a game that should be a Flyers' 1-0 lead. I mean it, they played a better game than the Blackhawks, plus they stayed out of the penalty box the entire game. So, what needs to be improved for Game 2? Well, I'll say a few things for the Chicago Blackhawks. They need to stay out of the penalty box. And that means less hookings and cross-checking, which could cost them if not done properly and instead dangerously. They also need to create more traffic in front of the net. They did not do well in Game 1 in that specific area. Finally, they need Antti Niemi to be strong for them. The five goals he gave up were goals that could have easily been saved by him. I'm done with the Blackhawks. For the Flyers, great job in Game 1. But one little improvement: goaltending. They need to choose their goaltender: Michael Leighton and Brian Boucher. It seems like they'll be sticking with Leighton because he has the better numbers than Boucher this season, but Boucher had a lot of rough games where he was chased, like in Game 1. So who ultimately wins Game 2? Well, guess what, I don't even know this myself. Who knows what Blackhawks team will show up? Will Michael Leighton make an outstanding performance? I don't have a prediction here. We'll have to wait and see what teams show up and who ultimately wins. Game 2 is tomorrow night 5:00 PT on NBC.

No comments:

Post a Comment