Thursday, September 24, 2015

Update: Kane's Accuser's Lawyer Steps Down

This is an update to my last post about Patrick Kane. I did not know about these new details at the time of the posting and thus, I am bringing you this information to supplement my last post.


The attorney of Patrick Kane's accuser has withdrawn over concerns about the evidence bag being tampered or not. Kane's attorney believes that the police investigation should be halted and thus his client cleared.

The accuser's attorney Thomas Eoannou said he was ethically required to withdraw because he does not have the confidence about how the ripped-open evidence bag found its way into his possession.

Paul Cambria, the lawyer for Kane, called a news conference which he said, "I think that anytime someone tries to undermine the science in the case...I think that speaks volume to the integrity of the accusations. I think the investigation is forever tainted."

Look, we know Cambria is trying to protect his client and obviously, this makes headway for Kane to possibly get back into training camp for the Blackhawks and go to full speed. But, like I mentioned in my earlier post, this investigation has already become more messy and ugly and it might be a while before anything is sorted out. The investigation will continue to take its course and if all goes well, based on this new development, Kane could be very well back into the Blackhawks' mix soon. And trust me, they'll need him to defend their championship. But let's see what happens. This is only a small step in Kane's direction to end those accusations for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment